Business Analysis for Systems Integration
Following from application development, integrating existing systems or building new systems with a view to integrating and existing solution can be one of the most difficult areas to cost and has a lot of dependencies:
- Do the systems have the existing capability to integrate and if so through which methods?
- Are the solution vendors open to integration and communication regularly?
- Have your suppliers integrated similar or same solutions?
- What are the long term risks of integration?
Example – Booking System
As an example you are looking to integrate a sophisticated booking system and invoicing system into your website and are looking for suppliers to integrate and support. You may also require an intial risk assessment.
Project Budget ~£20k
Estimated Project Analysis Allocation – 5.5 days
- Requirements Gathering – 0.5 Days
- Supplier Sourcing and Research – 2.5 Days
- Specification Writing and Risk Assessment – 2 Days
- Pricing Estimates including licensing requirements – 0.5 Days